Translate

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Coffee Boosts Productivity - and Positivity


As if I needed another reason to drink my morning Joe, a new study has sent me for a Venti refill. Apparently, coffee not only gives you a morning jolt, but it also boosts positivity.

Researchers from Ruhr University in Germany found caffeine helps people recognize positive words quickly and more accurately. But, it has no effect on how people perceive negativity.

The results are chalked up to coffee's effect on dopamine, particularly in the brain's language center. But I beg to differ. I don't know if you've ever met me prior to my morning cup, but I'm the opposite of cheery, even on the best of days.

That being said, this study may actually be a wake up call to all of us non-morning people. The boosted response to positive language only happened after about 200 mg of caffeine - or about three cups of coffee. Drink up!


No comments:

Post a Comment